The SuperMax 25-50 Drum Sander is the largest open-end drum sander on the market. Sand 25″ in a single pass, and up to 50” in a double pass. Expand the scope of projects you’re able to complete, while increasing speed and consistency in which you’re able to do them!
The 25-50 Drum Sander comes standard on the Closed Stand. The drum is pre-wrapped with 80 grit sandpaper. Additional accessories and sandpaper are available for purchase.
Features of the 25-50 Drum Sander include:
- 25″ sanding in a single pass, 50″ in a double pass!
- More room for easy access to abrasives- no special tool needed
- Closed stand has built-in wheels and storage
*Full machine features and specs can be found below.
Exceptional SuperMax Features
We’ve addressed issues common with other drum sanders by adding five features that are exclusive to our 19-38 machines. No other drum sander on the market has these features!
- Simple alignment feature Just one nut will adjust the conveyor to parallel the sanding head, making aligning the conveyor to the sanding head fast and easy.
- Indexed alignment setting Has an indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 19”, the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless wide sanding.
- Easy height adjustments A thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the drum from moving out of the set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
- Extra-wide conveyor to properly support stock over 19” wide. The conveyor table is 22” wide to add support to the work piece.
- Drum will never go “out of alignment” The drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues.
- INTELLISAND™ Technology: Automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load
- Prevents gouging, damaging or burning stock
- Provides consistent finish even with varying grain pattern and density
- Greatly increases abrasive planing and dimensioning speed
- Flatness Guarantee: Precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross sections for no “flex” in conveyor, guaranteeing flatness to less than .010″ across the width of the sander
- Abrasive conveyor belt offers the best grip for raw wood, giving you the ability to accommodate stock that is much shorter or thinner
- Patented Abrasive Attachment System effectively tensions the abrasive wraps, preventing loose abrasive and overlap
- Easiest access to abrasive fastening system of any drum sander! Extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate need for special tools.
- Self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable in height and hold down pressure, eliminating snipe
- Excellent dust extraction as dust cover is formed to shape of drum
- Metal, not plastic, is formed to maximize air flow and dust extraction
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction for strength, rigidity and reduced vibration
|Sanding Capacity: ||Maximum Width (in): 50 (two passes) |
Minimum Length (in): 2-1/4Maximum Thickness (in): 4Minimum Thickness (in): 1/32
|Dimensions (in): ||46L x 26W x 53H (on stand) |
|Drum: ||5 x 25 extruded aluminum |
|Drum Speed: ||1740 RPM |
|Dust Hood: ||1- 4″ vacuum port, min. 600 CFM recommended |
|Conveyor Motor: ||43 in.-lb. torque, direct drive D.C. motor, infinitely variable 0-10 FPM |
|Drive Motor (TEFC): ||1-3/4 HP |
|Power Requirements ||110 V 20 amp |
|Shipping Weight (lbs): ||369 (3 boxes incl. stand) |
About SuperMax Tools
Based in St-Paul, Minnesota, SuperMax Tools specializes in brushes and drum sanders for the woodworking and metalworking sectors. SuperMax Tools stands out by the exceptional quality of its drum sanders, well-known for their precision, speed and durability. Even though a drum sander may seem like a luxury item for woodworker, you will find yourself using it on every project.
Buy SuperMax Tools drum sanders online and get shipping everywhere in Ontario and Canada. Contact us for more information. (Free shipping in Ontario only).